Duration: September 2015 – December 2023
Implementer: Macedonian Civic Education Center (MCEC)
Partners: U.S. Embassy in North Macedonia
Target Group: Secondary school students age 14-17
Objective: Developing English language skills and capabilities through after school classes and intensive sessions as well as learning about the U.S. culture and democratic values through enhancement activities.
Program Goals: The English Access Microscholarship Program (Access) prepares students for conversational English language skills with native and nonnative speakers of English through a variety of experiential learning activities. Access students are to gain an appreciation for U.S. culture and democratic values through enhancement activities. In addition, Access will equip selected students with strong English language skills that can lead to better jobs, educational opportunities, and gaining the ability to participate in and compete for future exchanges and study in the United States.
• Improve English language skills and competences;
• Open a window to a broader world of ideas and opportunities;
• Increase academic opportunities for higher-level education;
• Allow students to better contribute to the socio-economic success of their families and communities;
• Improve chances of qualification for U.S. Government-sponsored and other exchange programs;
• Enhance employment prospects.