Duration: September 2005 – December 2005
Donors: United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in the framework of the Participant Training Program implemented by World Learning / Macedonia together with Macedonian Civic Education Centre (MCEC) and Center for Institutional Development (CIRa).
Objectives: To improve the physical learning environment of the schools, ensure human capacity development by motivating teachers, enable parents to feel ownership of the school progress, increase the responsiveness of the school management to the needs of both students and parents, and maximize usage of the school facilities via extracurricular activities. The project target group was Parent School Partnership Group (PSP Group), teachers and students involved in extra curricula activities.
• Economically disadvantaged students in grades 1-4 upplied with 906 textbooks;
• Improved the school environment/infrastructure through replacement of 35 classroom doors, renovated classroom floors, replacement of windows in 7 classrooms, reparation of toilet pipes and installment of window frames in two classrooms;
• Capacity building trainings conducted for Parent School Partnership Group (PSP Group) to enable continuation of its work beyond project completion;
• Increased involvement of parents, teachers and school management in addressing school issues;
• Established positive practices in school decision-making and participatory approaches;
• Extracurricular activities supported with the involvement of over 430 students;
• Final school celebration event organized by the PSP Group.