Duration: October 2005 – September 2007
Donors: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Science (MOES)
Objectives: Inter-ethnic cooperation and tolerance contributed to the supportive development of the multi–ethnic communities in North Macedonia; school students with various multi-ethnic backgrounds have reduced tension among themselves; targeted schools have improved their methods to enhance multi – ethnic understanding. This project included 7 ethnically mixed elementary schools and 400 students, 30 teachers, school pedagogues and psychologists.
• Training/workshops organized for selected teachers and school support staff in order to provide specific guidance, example methods and materials to the teachers and school staff that they used in the process of developing extracurricular activities for overcoming inter-ethnic barriers among students in their school according to each school specifics;
• Action Plans developed by the targeted schools in accordance with each school’s specific needs;
• Extracurricular activities supported through Small Grants Program for each participating school;
• Best practices were selected for publication in order to promote successful model activities for enhancing inter-ethnic communication and cooperation among students;
• Model activities booklet published in Macedonian, Albanian and Turkish languages of instruction.