Duration: January 2011 – November 2011
Donor: U.S. Embassy in North Macedonia
Objectives: Promote mutual understanding and interethnic cooperation among the youth through motivating them to participate in solving of interethnic public issues within the civil society; Strengthen interethnic cooperation and dialogue and build confidence among youth within school environment; Extend students’ critical thinking on interethnic public issues in their community related to living in the multi-ethnic society, anti-bias, conflict prevention, democracy and promote tolerance and cultural sensitivity; Enhance students’ ability to live and work in a multicultural environment through their participation in the project school activities. The project targeted teachers and students from secondary schools from Kumanovo, Gostivar and Veles.
• Provided a model for secondary school teachers to learn and appreciate among themselves the power of identifying, deliberation and consensus on policy issues in their classrooms;
• Gave a platform for engaging secondary students from various ethnical backgrounds in identification, discussions, reaching a consensus on policy issues involved in their problems within the civil society they live in;
• Provided the secondary school students from different ethnic groups the opportunity to interact and learn about each other and about living in a multi-ethnic society;
• Enabled students to acquire skills and experience on living in a multi-ethnic society;
• Promoted peaceful co-existence and cooperation in the school and wider within the community.