Start Date: June 2016 – December 2017
Duration: 2 years
Implementer: Macedonian Civic Education Center (MCEC)
Partners: Bureau for Development of Education (BDE)
Objective: Deepen teachers and school authorities understanding of inclusive education for vulnerable group of students and quality Literacy and Numeracy instruction and students outcomes.
Target Group: 31 primary schools
– Inclusion of all children in the classroom/school and education system.
– Development of competences for inclusive education teacher.
– Promotion of teaching approaches that will provide greater student achievements.
– Provision of additional support to the students with special educational needs / learning difficulties.
– Use of formative assessment and developing an understanding of intelligence as flexible category through the learning process.
– Inclusion of the parents and the wider community.
– Raising awareness of schools and other stakeholders to focus on enhancing the level of support to students from vulnerable groups and establish cooperation and mutual support between municipalities, schools and organizations involved in the project.
– Trainings in order to develop participants understanding and to improve knowledge and skills to work with marginalized groups of students.
– Support the school stuff in the process of strengthening their capacities for planning, implementing and monitoring inclusion.
– Training teachers and support staff for educational programs in Gevgelija and Tabanovce transit centers and Center for asylum seekers in Vizbegovo trained for teaching programs and plans development and teaching methodological approaches.