Duration: February 2014 – October 2015
Partners: Macedonian Civic Education Center (MCEC) and Network of Education Policy Centers (NEPC)
Donor: Council of Europe
Objective: Supporting schools in implementing inclusive policies and practices and helping them develop school projects and school development plans. Network of Education Policy Centers (NEPC) and Macedonian Civic Education Center (MCEC) in North Macedonia were selected by Council of Europe to be the Platform for supporting schools in implementing inclusive policies and practices within the EC funded project „Regional Support for Inclusive Education“. The idea of the school support team was to be a ‘reflective friend’ of pilot schools from February 2014 to October 2015 helping them in developing both, school projects for the CoE grant as well as the school development plans. Through interactive work with school teams, as well as other staff and students of the school, the school was led through the process of self-evaluation. The schools were offered workshops and support, based on their needs in order to improve the already existing and introduce new inclusive policies and practices.
• Set-up focus groups (students, parents, teachers, community) in each of the 7 pilot schools;
• Support 7 pilot schools to design individual tailored development plans based on the Index for Inclusion methodology and support in the process of self-evaluation;
• On-going support to the pilot schools to implement the inclusive school development plans including school grant proposal development, grant management and quality assurance;
• Brief progress reports with description of results from the action submitted to the CoE on a quarterly basis;
• In the final phase of the Project, inclusive education sustainability plans were produced for each pilot school with a list of recommendations on how to sustain support at the national and regional level.